In honor of National Ice Cream Month which takes place in July, Frangelico and Flor de Caña Rum have come up with these amazing, adults-only ice cream sandwich recipes. Liquor and ice cream? Now that truly sounds like the stuff dreams are made of. Both recipes sound great but there’s something about homemade ice cream made using Frangelico hazelnut liqueur that sounds absolutely delicious. Now the directions for both ice cream sandwiches might seem a little tedious, but I’m sure the end result will be well worth it. Enjoy and cheers to National Ice Cream Month!
Frangelico Ice Cream Sandwich (Pictured Above)
1 ¾ cups milk
2 cups heavy cream
¾ cup + 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
½ cup + 2 tablespoon Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
1. In saucepan whisk milk, cream, sugar and salt to a full boil and remove from heat. Place saucepan into bowl filled with ice to chill ice cream mixture.
2. Once cold add Frangelico and add a cup or more additional salt to ice bowl (salt in ice will make the ice cream mixture super cold and make churning more effective).
3. Churn ice cream according to ice cream machine manufacturer’s directions. Once churned, place ice cream in a very cold bowl and freeze.
4. Sandwich ice cream between your favorite two cookies.
Flor de Caña Rum Soaked Raisin Ice Cream Sandwich
½ cup Flor de Caña
¾ cup raisins
2 cups milk
¾ cup + 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon Flor de Caña 7 Year Grand Reserve
1. In a saucepan heat first listed Flor de Caña until hot but not boiling. Pour onto raisins and ensure raisins are well covered. Seal with plastic food wrap and allow raisins to absorb Flor de Caña overnight at room temperature. Toss the mixture occasionally to ensure that raisins absorb all Rum.
2. Bring milk, cream and sugar to a full boil and remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and second listed Flor de Caña and cover with plastic food wrap. Place in refrigerator overnight.
3. If using an ice cream machine that uses a bowl which needs to be frozen place in freezer and set freezer on lowest setting.
4. Following day: Drain raisins and add any non absorbed Rum to ice cream mixture. Place raisins in freezer.
5. Churn ice cream mixture, when ice cream becomes thick and is nearly done add frozen raisins. Place ice cream in freezer.
6. Sandwich ice cream between your favorite two cookies.