If there ever were two things that go hand in hand it is hands down cocktails and snacks. So it seems only right to provide you guys with both a delicious cocktail recipe and a dip recipe to celebrate National Chip & Dip Day which happens to be today! Hooray! Hooray for chips and dip! Today’s drink recipe for National Chip & Dip Day comes courtesy of Sauza Tequila and is the recipe for their Blueberry-Pomegranate Margarita. And because they know you’ll be doing some serious snacking thanks to today’s holiday they’ve also provided a recipe for homemade guacamole and chips.
1 part Sauza® Tequila (Sauza® Silver Tequila recommended)
½ part Triple Sec
1 part fresh lime juice
1 part blueberry-pomegranate juice
Blueberries for garnish
Combine ingredients with ice in a shaker. Shake hard: Strain into a margarita glass with fresh ice. Garnish with fresh blueberries.
Guacamole & Chips
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
2 teaspoons finely chopped white onion
2 teaspoons minced jalapeño or Serrano chilies, seeds and membranes removed, if desired
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 large ripe avocados, preferably California Haas, peeled and seeded
2 tablespoons cored, seeded, and finely chopped plum tomatoes (1 small tomato)
2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
8 6-in corn tortillas
6 cups canola oil
- Heat canola oil to 375 degrees in a deep fryer or large sauce pot.
- In a medium size bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon of minced chile, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together against the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the avocados and gently mash them with a fork until chunky-smooth. Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chile into the mixture. Stir in tomatoes and lime juice, taste to adjust the seasonings, and serve with a basket of warm corn tortilla chips or veggie sticks, for a lighter option.
- Cut tortilla strips like a pie into eighths. In batches (as not to overcrowd fryer) place chips into hot oil and fry until golden, two to three minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve chips warm with guacamole.