If you’re a wine lover who lives in the Atlanta area then consider the Georgia Aquarium’s Aqua Vino the creme de la creme of wine tastings. I really, really had to contain myself when browsing through the list of wines and restaurants featured at last years Aqua Vino. Oh, and did I mention the best part? The 6th Annual Aqua Vino will take place on…MY BIRTHDAY, October 13! Okay, that might not necessarily be a high point for you but it’s pretty darn cool for me. It’s also reason #325 why I really need to make this years Aqua Vino wine tasting my first.
Here’s a little more info about the event directly from the Georgia Aquarium Website: “Georgia Aquarium invites you to our 6th Annual Aqua Vino on Thursday, Oct. 13, 2011. Enjoy and sample more than 200 fine wines from around the globe, gourmet fare from Atlanta’s premier restaurants, a live, silent and wine auction and live music. All proceeds from Aqua Vino support the Aquarium’s Veterinary Services through the Correll Center for Aquatic Animal Health.”
Tickets will range in price from $150 to $375 per person so you may want to start saving your pennies now.
Picture Courtesy Of The Georgia Aquarium
I know Shark Week hardly needs any more excitement, but come on you really can’t pass up on the chance to make a drinking game out of this week-long Discovery Channel extravaganza. Alright to take part in the Shark Week Drinking Game you’re going to need a shot glass for your shots and a cup full of the mixed drink of your choice or a beer. Most drinking games usually consist of just shots, but with some of these you’re likely to end up taking A LOT of shots so instead we’re gonna mix it up a bit with shots and sips of your mixed drink.
1. Kick off with an introductory shot dedicated to Samuel L. Jackson’s character in “Deep Blue Sea.”
2. Every time the movie “Jaws” is mentioned take a sip of your mixed drink.
3. The first person to audibly express their excitement at a shark jumping out of the water takes two shots. After that take it down to one shot.
4. Take a shot anytime you see a commercial from a company that thinks they’re Australian (i.e. Fosters, Outback Steakhouse). With a high number of sharks in Australia you’re likely to see tons of commercials from these kind of establishments.
5. Take a shot anytime they show B-roll footage of a child or children playing innocently on the beach.
6. Take a sip of your mixed drink every time you see a seal, fake seal, or group of seals.
7. Whenever someone gives advice on getting away from a shark (punching it in the nose, hitting it in the eye, etc.) take a shot.
I swear one of these days I’m gonna throw an end of summer bash and have vodka-soaked gummy bears, Jell-O shots, and now Jolly Rancher vodka! Ever since I started this blog I’ve come across all kinds of creative drink recipes with Jolly Rancher vodka being the latest. Thanks to my homie Stealth I discovered this video on how to make Jolly Rancher vodka and of all the unique recipes I’ve come across in the past month this one seems like it’s the easiest and least time consuming. So now that we’ve got candy, popcorn, and Jell-O covered who wants to come up with a drink recipe involving cotton candy? If you can you will be forever praised on this blog my friend.
To celebrate summer Malibu Rum has teamed up with singers Ciara and Taio Cruz for a summer concert series titled the Radio Maliboom Boom Station Invasion Tour. The tour kicked off earlier this month in Miami and has made stops in Virginia Beach, Jersey Shore, and Boston. As far as I know tickets to the concert can only be won so be sure to check out Malibu’s Facebook and Twitter pages as well as MalibuConcertTour.com for your chance to win tickets.
The remaining tour dates for the Radio Maliboom Boom Station Invasion Tour are as follows:
Thursday, August 4: New York City, NY — Ciara Saturday, August 13: Dallas, TX — Ciara Thursday, August 18: Chicago, IL — Ciara Thursday, August 25: Los Angeles, CA — Taio Cruz Saturday, August 27: San Diego, CA — Taio Cruz
Thursday, September 1: Phoenix, AZ — Taio Cruz